ICF: 1.5 hours – Core Competencies (Pending)
BCC: 1.5 hours
Speaker: Madeleine Homan Blanchard, MCC, MS in Neuroleadership, co-founder of Blanchard Coaching Services, TED Fellow coaches, and founding board member of the International Coach Federation (ICF)
As consultants and coaches we need to understand how the latest research in neuroscience can support our recommendations. In this session Master Certified Coach will share:
- Some Surprising Truths about the Brain— what your brain needs for optimal functioning, what stresses it, and how to manage situations when it is overwhelmed or exhausted.
- Key Laws of Extreme Brain Care—how we can all arrange our workday to make better decisions and achieve new levels of self-control.
- How to help leaders to create a “Brain-Friendly Environment”.
Set yourself—and your clients—up for success through a better understanding of brain functioning.
Benefits from this session:
1) Identify what you are already doing that supports your own optimal brain function and what you might shift to make it even better.
2) Understand extremely complex scientific concepts in a way that you can quickly and easily explain them to a regular person.
3) Try on different ways to share critical information about the brain with your clients (when they really need to know) to help them shift their own behaviors to be more what they want to be (creative, kind, patient, generous, energetic, wise – you name it!).
About the speaker:
Madeleine Homan Blanchard, MS in Neuroleadership, is a Master Certified Coach (MCC) for The Ken Blanchard Companies®, a co-founder of Blanchard® Coaching Services team, a certified Mentor Coach, one of the select TED Fellow coaches, senior leader and founding advisory board member of Coach University, and founding board member of the International Coach Federation (ICF). The Blanchard® Coaching services team has 150 coaches who have worked in more than 250 companies worldwide coaching more than 40,000 executives. She is also a co-creator of the Coaching Management System, Blanchard’s internet platform that supports large-scale coaching initiatives. With her deep understanding of human behavior and her humor, she inspires leaders to use coaching concepts to increase their effectiveness in their professional and personal lives. She write a weekly advice column for people at work called “Ask Madeleine”.
Madeleine has more than 28 years of experience in the coaching profession and specializes in consulting with companies that want to establish a coaching culture. She is coauthor of Blanchard’s coaching skills program Coaching Essentials®, and the books “Leverage Your Best, Ditch the Rest: The Coaching Secrets Executives Depend on”; “Coaching in Organizations”; “Leading at a Higher Level”; and “Coaching for Leadership: The Practice of Leadership Coaching from the World’s Greatest Coaches”.
A pioneer in the coaching profession, Madeleine was a senior leader and founding advisory board member of Coach University and founding board member of the International Coach Federation (ICF). She also founded Straightline Coaching, a company devoted to the success and satisfaction of creative geniuses. Madeleine received her Master’s of Science degree in Neuroleadership from Middlesex University, was one of the select TED Fellow Coaches, she coaches recipients of fellowships from the TED organization.
Click here to download the PDF flyer for this event.
Click here for meeting information.