ICF: 1.5 hours (Core Competencies)
BCC: 1.5 hours
SPEAKER: Christopher McAuliffe, MCC, founder of Accomplishment Coaching, an ICF Accredited Coach Training Program, Host and Producer of “The Coaching Show” since 2002, and previous SDPCA President.
Get ready for a lively and humorous interactive session… about two major issues in coaching and in coaching certification.
In this fast-paced, high-level session, we will look at:
- Our judgments and opinions, biases and blind spots as coach,
- Exploring what Coaching Presence is – and what it is not.
- First, we will look at Coaching Bias – a hot topic in coaching, coach training, and organizations!
- We will do some of the work from this year’s Coach Training Summit on “Calling In Power and Culture,” held in Toronto.
- We will take on some exercises to explore our own self-definition, and discover how others might be relating to us.
- We will consider how we are impacting our clients based on our own biases and blind spots in coaching, and in life.
- Second, we will do some exercises to learn more about Coaching Presence, one of the most elusive of the ICF Core Competencies.
- We will also discover how to shift, expand or ‘rein in’ our own Coaching Presence based on the work we do on bias and culture.
- Throughout, we will practice, give and get feedback, and get an opportunity to become more authentic, and all the while getting rid of some of our “shoulds.”
- There will be music and candy, and awareness that you can use immediately in your coaching practice!
Benefits from this Session:
- Discover previously unseen drivers of your own behavior… and the behavior of your clients!
- Get feedback on your Coaching Presence, and learn how to shift it.
- Take on the most important element of your coaching practice – you!
- Improve your connection with clients.
- Get even clearer on your relationship with yourself, and what you are presenting to the world.
- Learn how to maximize your impact and avoid pitfalls in sessions with prospective clients and organizations.
- Have fun while you learn! Hilarity will ensue! Did we mention there’s chocolate?
About the speaker:
Christopher McAuliffe, MCC, is a force in the world of ontological coaching and beyond. His high-powered, humor-filled approach has yielded him his own internationally successful ICF-Accredited coach training program (www.AccomplishmentCoaching.com), which has trained thousands of people over the past 17 years around the world. In his role of CEO, Christopher oversees the production of nine Training Programs in six cities in North America. Accomplishment Coaching provides training and coaching services to organizations, including the United Nations Population Fund, Major League Soccer, UBiome, and more. Also, Christopher is host and producer of an ICF-international-partnered podcast (www.TheCoachingShow.com). Through The Coaching Show, each week for the past 14 years he has spoken with leaders in coaching, including Thomas Leonard, Debbie Ford, Robert Kiyosaki, John Grey, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Werner Erhard, Julio Ollaia, T. Harv Ecker and more!
Christopher holds a Master Certified Coach (MCC) accreditation, and is twice Past-President of the San Diego Professional Coaches Alliance. He has worked with the ICF-IRB for over eight years in the area of Coaching Ethics – investigating and adjudicating ethical and consumer complaints against coaches.
From over 24 years of experience, Christopher brings the knowledge and wisdom of a master coach. With over 500 coaches trained by him personally in small groups around the world, Christopher brings the power and understanding of a master trainer, as well.
For more information: www.AccomplishmentCoaching.com.
Click here to download the PDF flyer for this event.
Click here for meeting information.