Members Benefit by Volunteering
If you have been seeking a way to serve that employs the best use of your skills and talents, we encourage you to volunteer. SDPCA has opportunities both within the organization and the community. Each opportunity gives you a chance to develop great relationships with your peers and colleagues as well as to demonstrate your expertise. Our vision is for SDPCA to become the premier coaching organization in Southern California, and our hard-working board would like you to join them by helping to make this happen.
You’ll find that it is both fun and rewarding to serve. Look for areas of need below. If any ignite your passion and/or match your skill, contact the board member in charge and offer to help. You will find that the joy you will receive in serving often comes back to you in the most surprising and unexpected ways.
Board of Directors
We are a nonprofit mutual benefit corporation that is led by a dedicated board of directors who volunteer their time to serve for one-year terms beginning every January. You can read the duties and responsibilities for all board members by clicking here. Members who are interested in serving on the board are encouraged to make their interest known to the President and apply by October each year. Please click here to download an application.
Members may want to volunteer to help SDPCA in a specific area or for a limited time and may not be able to commit to serve on the board. That is great because we list below some initiatives and short-term projects that might be of interest to you. We show the picture of the member who is currently working in that area in case you want to work with them. If you have a particular interest in an area that you do not see below and you would be willing to lead or support it, please send an email to the President by clicking here.
Member-At-Large – Membership
- Fully supports the VP of Membership in the room set up
- Assists with updates and prepares all member name badges for distribution at program meetings and collects them at the end of the meeting
- Assists with the registration desk at meetings insuring all members sign in and all attendees have an appropriate badge.
- Collects payments (cash, checks or credit card information) for membership, meeting fees, and CEU certificate fees.
- Provides comprehensive membership information to all new and prospective members using appropriate forms, answering questions, and connecting prospective members to other members and Board members as appropriate.
- Assists with meeting guests or new members after monthly meeting to discuss membership benefits and answer questions.
- Assists with reconciling all payments received at meeting with appropriate forms following meeting.
- Assists with registering CEU applicants, collecting the appropriate payments, maintaining the sign-in/sign-out sheet, and distributing the CEU certificates at the end of the meeting.
- Assists with sending follow-up emails to first-time guests and responds to other prospective membership inquiries.
- Assists with any projects related to membership/recruiting/retention.
- Attends outside events as a member to build membership.
- Trains incoming Member at Large – Membership when term expires.
We encourage our members to be a speaker at one of our monthly meetings. This is a wonderful opportunity to share your skills and knowledge with the group. In return, your presentation will be featured in our newsletter to over 600 recipients and you and your presentation will be included on our website all year as we show our yearly lineup. Two months prior to your scheduled presentation, the write-up will be placed on the front page of our website as “Next Month’s Speaker” and on the month you speak, you will be shown as the featured speaker. All insertions will contain a direct link to your website.
If you have an interest in being a speaker at one of our monthly meetings, please complete the application M-1 – Speaker Application – 2015-11-12. Keep in mind that presentations should be focused on professional, personal, or business development topics for business and personal coaches. It is not an opportunity to sell your services or products to our members. You may, however, display your products and services at a table we set aside for you at the meeting.