We endeavor to connect our members to other organizations to assist them in extending their reach to a broader range of organizations focused on human resource issues. We have reached agreements on collaboration or preferential pricing with some as well.
The following list reflects those in the greater San Diego area you might be interested in considering to expand your own network.
Association for Talent Development (ATD) – San Diego Chapter – Meets on the third Tuesday of the month from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
ATD San Diego – Human Performance Alliance – Meets on the second Thursday of the month from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at various locations around San Diego. As a founding member of HPA, our members may attend events at a reduced alliance member rate of $5.
San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) – Meets on the third Wednesday of the month from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We participated with others to form a collaboration of organizations focused on enriching members€™ ability to connect with decision makers, peers, and a more diverse HR segment. The collaboration as envisioned to enhance members€™ ability to build their skills by participating in cross-functional workshops and sharing experiences with their peers in other HR specialties, such as compensation and benefits, training and development and organizational development. Our collaboration will also provide HR Leaders with opportunities to sustain lifelong learning.
The following organizations are a part of this collaboration:
- Asociaci’n de Recursos Humanos de la Industria en Tijuana, A.C. (ARHITAC)
- Association for Strategic Planning – San Diego Chapter – Meets bi-monthly
- Compensation and Benefits Association of San Diego (CBASD) – Holds bi-monthly dinner meetings
- North County Human Resources – San Diego (NCHR-SD) – Meets monthly on the second Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- San Diego Employers Association (SDEA) – Meets on the third Friday of the month from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- San Diego HR Roundtable (SDHR) – The Forum meets on the second Tuesday from 7:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. The Roundtable meets on the second Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- San Diego Organization Development Network (SD ODnet) – Meets on the second Thursday of the month from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- UC San Diego Extension
The collaboration plans approximately four events per year as a group, where each group’s members can attend at the discounted member rate. For simplification purposes, all registration for any collaboration event will be managed through the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) at www.sdshrm.org To register for a collaboration event at the discounted member rate, please click here to contact us to request the SDPCA member discount code prior to registering.
We also have a collaboration association with The Association of Corporate Executive Coaches LLC (ACEC).
The ACEC is a private membership based association for mastery level Corporate Executive Coaches who coach the top tier of 90% of organizations listed as F1000 companies. ACEC offers certifications as Master and Postgraduate Corporate Executive coaches.
Their focus is on the following three areas:
- Supporting our members in the journey from being Corporate Executive Coaches to being Enterprise Wide Business Partners©. Those who are recognized by the boardroom and CXO’s as being proactive in elevating their client’s business through its human capital.
- The sustainability and/or continued growth of their practice by providing targeted research, marketing information, ethics and peer level surveys/networking and certification.
- Humility—We define our members as: “those who do not wear their success in such a way that it denigrates another’s existence™”
ACEC offers a $60 discount to SDPCA Members who join their organization. Click here to contact us if you want to know how to join.
Go to http://www.acec-website.org for more information about the ACEC